Senop launches fire control thermal sight for higher first hit probability
Senop will launch a smart and accurate HUSKY Fire Control Thermal Sight at the DSEI 2017 exhibition in London on September 12-15.
The HUSKY Fire Control Thermal Sight is the next generation of smart weapon sight. A single push of a key is enough to rapidly calculate the aiming dot by using distance, ammunition’s ballistic tables, temperature and measured terrain angle.
– We designed the device’s functionality, features and user interface specifically for grenade machine guns. By changing its ballistic calculation, we can easily customise it for a wide range of other applications including other heavy weapon types, remote weapon stations, reconnaissance and observation systems, says Mika Räty, Managing Director at Senop.
Extreme versatility for demanding operations
The Fire Control Thermal Sight has an integrated uncooled thermal imager which offers several advantages in relation to conventional cooled technology. The device is ready for use immediately when switched on without any start-up time delay.
Cost-efficiency is also one of the key advantages of uncooled thermal imaging technology.
– The overall life cycle cost of the device is clearly lower in comparison to comparable models. The service life of the thermal imager’s sensor unit is dozens of times longer in comparison to conventional devices, says Timo Vuorenpää, Technology Director, Optronics at Senop.
The HUSKY Fire Control Thermal Sight includes an eye-safe laser range finder, global positioning system, inertial measurement unit, digital magnetic compass and a ballistic computer that supports airburst ammunition programming.
The sight and its external display and keypad are separate devices that can be positioned and adjusted according to user needs. Ergonomy further enhances efficiency.
Advanced information and situational awareness sharing are also supported. The device can be connected to different C2 systems.
- Uncooled thermal imager
- Eyesafe laser range finder
- Global positioning system
- Inertial measurement unit
- Ballistic computer
- Image and video capture
- Airburst fuze programming
- Bluetooth (optional)
- Laser pointer (optional)
- Digital magnetic compass (optional)
For more information, please contact:
Mr Timo Vuorenpää
Technology Director, Optronics
tel. +358 40 315 7018
Mr Pekka Nupponen
Sales Director, Optronics
tel. +358 40 3157728
Senop is a forerunner in situational awareness by providing advanced sensor solutions and system platforms. We work in close cooperation with customers to ensure advantage and reliability in extreme conditions around the world. Senop’s high-quality solutions are designed and built in Finland with over 75 years of tradition and know-how. Senop is a part of Patria Group. www.senop.fi